"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" Anonymous

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Wind in the Willows




"Friendships bring a goodness and grace into our lives whose value transcends material measure." Vigen Guroian

Finished reading aloud The Wind in the Willows to my kids. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs an example of true friendship or to be reminded of what true friendship is. This was my second time to read this book. I Loved it even more the second time around. I had forgotten what a gem it is. So happy I had the opportunity to share it with my kids. Had fun going on adventures with Rat, Mole, Badger and Toad. Forgot how that the best of friendships are sometimes with those that aren't exactly like me. Was reminded that true friends are patient, forgiving, helpful and there for each other when things get crazy...and they get real crazy with a friend like Toad. Through all the ups and downs Rat, Mole and Badger where there for Toad, but they also helped him to be a better toad.

In Tending the Heart of Virtue: How Classic Stories Awaken a Child's Moral Imagination, Guroian recommends three books as the best books to read on friends and mentors: The Wind in the Willows, Charlotte's Web, and Bambi.

No comments:

Post a Comment